topup tv anytime

roy 16:20 05 Oct 2006

For probably about a year I have subscribed to Top up TV as an addition to the Freeview package. They are now offering topup tv anytime at an increased subscription (of £9.99) and purchase of a new box.
The package includes a few new channels.
Has anyone got any thoughts on the whole deal (or perhaps already has it) and how do you judge it as against the basic Sky package. One drawback with topup at present is that they do not transmit some of the channels for the whole day so you do not get as wide a choice as Sky customers.
click here

I hope this posting is in the right forum.

roy 08:54 06 Oct 2006

Bump!

puma22 14:32 07 Oct 2006

Like you I have subscribed to TUTV. As i already have a fairly new topfield box, I've decided not to go with the enhanced service. i am also thinking about cancelling the oringinal one too as there doenst seem to be much for the monthly charge. It doesnt look like this will improve. There is a lot of chat on the net about this. See the following links
click here
click here
click here
click here

roy 19:44 07 Oct 2006

Hi puma22,

Thanks for that input. It more or less confirms what I thought.

Before posting this thread I had emailed Top up TV with a similar query but as yet have had no reply. I think Sky may be getting a new customer although I am not too impressed with their packages either.

Roy

puma22 14:26 08 Oct 2006

I think I may just stick to the freeview channels. At least we now get film4 free. I'll miss the discovery channle though!

roy 23:22 09 Oct 2006

Hi, Have only just looked back and seen your last post. My thoughts exactly although I feel as if I have already lost the Discovery channel with it only being on from 6.00pm now.
I browsed through the whole lot yesterday afternoon and only found 2 of the Top up channels transmitting at that time.
I am thinking that it might be best to cancel in writing sent recorded delivery in view of the difficulty in phoning them. Still not had a reply to my email of last Thursday.

puma22 16:10 15 Oct 2006

Hi, it seems like Sunday afternoon is a good time to get intouch with TUTV. I've just 'phoned them to cancel and got through straight away! The person on the other end did'nt seemed suprised by request and did'nt even try to talk me out of it.
I have a feeling that they won't be around for long.

roy 13:38 17 Oct 2006

Hi,
Well, I didn't try phoning. Instead I wrote a cancellation and sent it 'signed-for delivery' on Friday. Still connected to Top up at present. Haven't done anything about alternatives yet.
Roy

Stuartli 15:08 17 Oct 2006

You have to have the new box to get the 100 plus channels promised.

roy 23:28 17 Oct 2006

Hi,
Appreciate you coming into this thread. Yes, I know about the new box. In fact I nearly signed up for it twice. However, I don't think it is really giving that many channels as I believe some of them are music channels which do not interest me and others are full of repeats. I have decided that neither the present content nor the upgrade to Anytime is worth while to me.
Roy

Stuartli 09:54 18 Oct 2006

The vast majority of digital television channels comprise/seem to be repeats and people pay quite large sums of money to receive them on satellite...:-)

Yet many of those same people moan about repeats on BBC and ITV..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?