TomTom One Voice?

Bingalau 13:51 21 Jan 2007

Can anyone tell me if this model of GPS hardware comes with the "voice" included as part of the deal or do you have to buy that separately? ..Bingalau..

bremner 15:44 21 Jan 2007

click here

"Clear spoken instructions in your own language (36 languages to choose from and 55 different voices available)"

Bingalau 17:01 21 Jan 2007

bremner. Thanks for that, I thought it may have been a case of having to add it on after buying the TomTom. But this seems to say that it is included in the deal. Might go and get one now. ..Bingalau..

Confab 17:50 21 Jan 2007

Voices are incuded with all TomToms otherwise how would it tell you when to turn ect?

Additional voices can be downloaded - some are free some not.

Confab

Bingalau 22:00 21 Jan 2007

Confab. That's the answer I wanted. Many thanks for that. ..Bingalau..

Al94 22:08 21 Jan 2007

Here's a useful source of info click here

birdface 11:36 30 Jan 2007

You may want to have a look here click here Just in case it affects your Tom Tom.

Confab 12:27 30 Jan 2007

Its 910's only

Confab

keef66 17:16 30 Jan 2007

I prefer Jane, wife prefers the australian bloke (can't remember his name, sadly not Bruce), sometimes I have instructions in German, sometimes in Spanish for the benefit of our younger son who's doing it for GCSE.

I'm looking to download some extra voices; I rather like the idea of Jim off the vicar of Dibley. No no no no no right turn ahead.

anchor 16:47 03 Feb 2007

As you have been told, TomTom`s come with a choice of voices; personally I think Jane is the clearest.

You can download others, (not free - John Cleese is an example). However I believe that when driving, simple clarity is more important than "funny voices".

It seems agreed that the TomTom voices are superior to other brands of SatNavs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017