Time Lapse Camera

Johnnie_M 18:43 06 Feb 2006

I have been asked by a friend to locate some software which would enable his camera to take photographs in times intervals say maybe every 5 minutes or so. Any ideas on software and compatibility issues. Thanks in advance

ashdav 00:47 07 Feb 2006

bump.
I've been asked this too.

jack 08:44 07 Feb 2006

If you are thinking software a la PC to link to a
digital camera- I suspect that is not going to happen unless you move into the realms of Sci/Tech equipmenr.

Specify the Camera set up you intend to use.

Also investigate the Web sites of Pro Camera makers such as Canon Nikon Olympus etc.

anskyber 12:01 07 Feb 2006

I have a Canon G6. One of the functions is intervalometer which allow time delays of 1 to 60 mins. and 2 to 200 images automatically, if that is what you mean

anskyber 12:26 07 Feb 2006

Or there is this sort of thing. It seems to me the best bet is to see if his camera manufacturer does a firmware update. click here

Johnnie_M 12:53 07 Feb 2006

Cheers guys, I think I'll probably go look at the Canon G6, and give him the answer.

imacd 20:29 13 Mar 2006

One of the power toys for XP allows you to control a webcam in this way - not sure if it's adaptable for a digital camera though?
Maybe the digital camera can be set up as a webcam?

hssutton 21:56 13 Mar 2006

Most Canon cameras will do what you want. You can see for a list of compatible cameras click here=

Using Canons Remote Capture and my DSLRs I can remote capture up tp 9999 shots at intervals ranging from 5 secs and 60 minutes.

hssutton 23:12 13 Mar 2006

Just to qualify my previous statement I'm refering to Digital Cameras

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?