thompson 250 hard drive tv recorder with top up tv

LANDCRUISER 12:42 07 May 2009

hi all, i have this recorder & has worked very well till the last holidays just gone when it stoped working,tryed phoning top up tv but just keeps ringing out so cant get any help from them,tryed their web site & many people have the same problem because they have put a fix on the web but when i tryed their fix nothing,anyone know whats going on with them,have they gone bust or what,thank you in advance for any help .

anchor 16:22 07 May 2009

From reading comments about the Thomson recorder is seems it can be troublesome.

Is it still under warranty?.

LANDCRUISER 23:33 07 May 2009

hi anchor,yes its still under a yr old,where did you read these comments,it a pity as it did every thing i wanted,its worked with no problem at all till this happened,i bought it from ideal world,i phoned them today & they will refund me, all send me a new machine ive not decided which option yet.

Stuartli 00:38 08 May 2009

Thomson has not gone bust, but there have been problems with the boxes following a disastrous update over the air.

See:

click here

click here

anchor 08:49 08 May 2009

LANDCRUISER: I found those adverse comments after searching a search in Google.

If I were you I would take the refund. Start another thread asking if members could recommend an alternative.

anchor 09:26 08 May 2009

Someone else got a refund

click here

LANDCRUISER 20:36 09 May 2009

thanks you all for your comments,had the unit picked up today by ideal world they will try fixing it, all send a new one,i really like this unit & up to know its been great so will leave thread open & get back to you as & when things move on

LANDCRUISER 23:56 22 May 2009

two weeks passed & still know box,i phoned them last weekend & they said it will take 2-3 weeks to sort out ok only 1 week so far,come today 2 weeks later i phoned them & gusse what they said,you did not send the remote & leads to us, i asked them if they needed these items & they said no but now they need them,i said why did you not let me know by phone all mail,no answer then she said we did not get it till this tuesday that means it took over 11 days by courier that i find hard to believe,so i said you still had 3 day to let me know,never again will i buy anything from Ideal World

anchor 15:19 25 May 2009

I would guess that they did not even open the box, and discover the missing items, until you got on to them.

Whether those items were really necessary to do the repair, is a matter of conjecture. As you say, it does not inspire confidence on the company.

LANDCRUISER 16:42 25 May 2009

hi there,i have to post the bits they ask for tomorrow,& see how long they can stretch it out before i get satisfaction,i have a old grundig one but i do miss the things that the thompson gives you over the grundig,will keep you posted as things move on

LANDCRUISER 16:53 26 May 2009

well would you credit it,after sending the bits they asked for i got a delievery today tuesday they only sent my thompson back to me saying we cannot procede because we do not have the complete package,do these firms not talk with anyone within their firm or check anything,i will not order from them again.IDEAL WORLD OF CHAOS,not a patch on QVC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017