Thinking of buying a PDA

nicksdarkroom 15:04 20 Feb 2006

I'm thinking of buying a PDA, something araound the £200 pound mark, has anyone got any suggestions? Or is it worth going a bit higher if there's anything a bit special?

driving man 21:16 20 Feb 2006

TRy Halfords.-----Last month they were selling a PDA------ Medion 100 for £199. This has a Sat Nav system with screen mounts and also bicycle mounts. Windows media player, excell, word etc. Plus a voice note recorder and many other functions. It syncs easily to a laptop or desk top.
Sat Nav is super ---it shows streets in this country . If you want any other Europe country it is on the supplied CD which you download to your PC and then load onto an sd mem card---just a normal mem card as in digital camera (about £24 for 512mb)
Its so good I purchased two---one for me and one for wife. It also works in our cars that have a heated front screen. Hope this helps
PS Halfords were advertising a free demo

HXP 03:00 26 Feb 2006

I have had an ipaq 2210 for 2 years now and it has always performed well - it has a 400mhz processor ( don't go for slower) 64 mb ram and you can add both CF and MMC cards.

Good screen & 4 hr battery life with screen on 7 with it off ( playing MP3's)

Lots of free software click here

click here

Runs TOM TOM 5 really well - plays video files / word & excel - controls your tv & DVD ( honest)

Games machine .....

Mines out of production now but still a few to be had or it's upgraded replacement.

Excellent HP support ...

HXP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?