Teletext and Interactive with Hauppauge TV card

Graham-283581 11:40 03 Jun 2007

I have an Elonex Lumina which runs Windows XP Media Center. I believe the TV
card is a Nova-t PCI. Device Manager tells me I have Win TV 88X (DVB-T
Tuner/Demod).

With this set up can I view teletext?
Is it possible to access the interactive features of the Freeview transmission?

If so what do I need to do to achieve this?

Thank you

Stuartli 18:16 04 Jun 2007

You can't use the Freeview interactive services; however, you can call up Teletext pages but only from analogue channels that carry them (if the card supports the feature).

Stuartli 18:19 04 Jun 2007

Two of the BBC's interactive services, 301 and 302, can be viewed in normal picture form in Freeview form, but you can't use the interactive feature to call up the menu to switch to another BBC channel - it has to be done manually.

Graham-283581 20:26 05 Jun 2007

I get a similar message from Hauppauge. I can't be the only one running Windows Media Center and wanting the full service from Freeview. My remote has all the coloured buttons. Perhaps they are there just to tease me. I'm surprised no one has come up with a fix to get more out of a system like mine after all even the cheap set top boxes can do the interactivity.

Thanks for the information anyway and for the prompt reply. I'm now off to explore teletext on the analogue part of the system

Stuartli 20:41 05 Jun 2007

It's not Hauppauge's fault or any other TV card manufacturer - it's not possible on UK channels and Twinhan, the manufacturer of my card, make it clear that this is so in the manual.

Set top boxes/integrated televisions have different software and menus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?