TAPING FROM A DIGI BOX -

REALLYHOPELESS 16:41 03 Apr 2008

I have just installed my digi box - scart lead to video recorder, scart lead to tv. I am having problems taping - the picture is coming out B&W - what have I done wrong? help!!

lofty29 16:47 03 Apr 2008

Are you using good scart leads, is vhs set to PAL, is scart set on vhs to correct scart in

REALLYHOPELESS 16:49 03 Apr 2008

um ..... I said I was hopeless! how do I know its a good scart lead?

lofty29 16:50 03 Apr 2008

ps how did you set up your freeview box as well

lofty29 16:51 03 Apr 2008

Some of the cheapy's are not good

lofty29 16:54 03 Apr 2008

try connecting freeview direct to tv and see what result you get this will eliminate where the problem lies

REALLYHOPELESS 16:57 03 Apr 2008

Freeview works fine - great picture on it - I just have a problem when trying to tape ....

lofty29 17:39 03 Apr 2008

If your freeview box is is working ok then it is the way it is setup in relation to your vhs that is causing the problem, is it set to video on the setup screen, the only other possiblity that I can think of is a compatability conflict which sometime accurs

Stuartli 17:39 03 Apr 2008

Most likely you need to choose the L1 or L2 channel (these were originally intended to record satellite channels).

laurie53 18:10 03 Apr 2008

Every time this has happened to me (more than once!) it has been because I have set the wrong standard (PAL, SVHS, RGB, composite or any combination thereof!).

REALLYHOPELESS 09:29 04 Apr 2008

I think I am choosing the right channel (put it this way, its the only channel that will actually show a picture - the rest just show black ...) and I have changed the video to PALS, but it then automatically changes back to AUTO! I have checked all of the leads and they all seem to be firmly plugged in ..... and I'm still getting B&W recording ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?