A tale of digital Woe

Legolas 22:08 13 Jul 2006

I have in the last two weeks just purchased my third Digital Camera in little under a year.

The first one was a Casio Exilim, a very good Camera till I dropped it onto my bedroom floor which consists of hard wood flooring, this caused the USB port to come loose and eventually the camers would only work when attached to the charger.

The second was a Finepix F10 which never really had the chance to test out as I washed it accidently click here

The third I purchased two weeks ago for a holiday in Skye it was a cheaper camera than the other two although it gave good results the worst thing about it was the battery life, it was an 8 megapixel ebuyer deal for £118, last night I attached it to my computer to show my brother the pics from Skye and the camera was not recognized, I have done this quite a few timed since I got and it was ok now suddenly nothing, I tried the tv out cable and it is working fine so I dont think it is the cameras USB port, likewise the USB ports on mycomputer are ok, so that only leaves the cable that goes from the camera to the computer, I have set thr wheels in motion to return to ebuyer for refund.

Once the refund goes through I am upping the price again and for my fourth camera in under a year I am going for click here and if this breaks I will give up photography for good.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of this camera?

nigg 00:41 14 Jul 2006

I spent a long time deciding between the FZ7 and the Canon S3IS and in the end I bought the Canon, with which I am very pleased.

As in my post click here if you can find the A95 anywhere I recommend this camera and more so after today as my daughter who now has it , dropped it and it still works ok :-)

ade.h 15:44 14 Jul 2006

You might be better off with this click here if your luck doesn't take an upturn! But that Panasonic looks really nice. Alternatively, I saw a review of this click here recently which described it as extremely tough.

Legolas 12:40 31 Jul 2006

Just an update, got the camera mentioned above (Panasonic DMC-FZ7) and had a few days to play about with it and so far it is looking good although I have not really tested it in an everyday/holiday situation. I am going away this weekend walking so will test it then and hopefull I will not wash it when I get back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone