Swisstec 15" LCD Integrated TV

oresome 00:45 26 Jun 2007

A warning to others who may consider purchasing this set. (I purchased mine from Currys.)

Having read the manual and fiddled with the controls, I came to the conclusion I could not adjust the brightness, contrast or colour of the digital broadcast picture. OK on all other inputs.

I've queried this with the service helpline via email and they confirm today that this is indeed the case!

The reply was prompt and helpful. There is now a software upgrade available to offer these features and they will collect the set and return following the upgrade at their expense.

But I am staggered that a manufacturer can produce a TV in the first place without such basic adjustments being available.

The set was an emergency purchase 2 weeks ago whilst on holiday and I'm in two minds whether to reject the set as unfit for purpose.

martd77 10:52 26 Jun 2007

I also purchased this tv from currys for our caravanning holidays,but i will say i could adjust all the things you couldnt,our problem was the speakers were crackly,took it back the replacement was faulty it was channel changing and the volume was up an down without even touching the remote,took it back got another and it was doa when i got it home so i ended up with a refund!!!!
Awful rubbish tvs shouldnt be on sale!
Went and purchased a venturer 15in lcd from Tesco and its far superior and only a tenner dearer
Take it back get a refund

oresome 14:02 05 Jul 2007

Update.

I took up the service agents offer and the TV was picked up Monday morning by DHL and returned to them.

I received the set back on Wednesday morning with updated software installed and there is now full functionality on digital broadcasts.

A good performance by both the service agent and DHL.

majorsbarn 13:39 28 Jul 2007

i have tried to use this tv as a monitor but my computer will simpley not open it keeps trying to reboot i put old monitor back computer works fine any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?