spending someonne esles money

jack 15:04 03 Nov 2007

Do you fancy doing that?

Well I[and two others] have been given the opportunity to be Let Loose with Large Load of Lolly
An organization of which we are mwembers member has under the helm of a new viorouse chairmen has managed to persudade the committee to apply for [and got] a grant to add to a sum from own resources and go shop for-----
A duplex laser printer, a Digital Projector. and a laptop. each at approx £500 a pop
The one item the concerns me is the projector- and going some place to see them in operation for comparison.
We are in NW Kent
Any ideas ?

Diemmess 18:01 03 Nov 2007

I sat here a moment trying to decide what I would do in similar circumstances.

The project seems rather more in the realm of business hardware than the average PCW will stock.
So the thoughts roll on and office equipment outlets might have a better range of projectors....
......But... a major branch of PCW might give you some individual attention if you were suggesting a job lot to them!

I assume that a duplex laser printer could be yours for < £500 and that might save something extra for the projector.

pchelper001 19:30 03 Nov 2007

a good place to use for cheap business stuff is cpc.co.uk, although you can't test the items, the decriptions are very good and if a product you buy isn't to you needs they will give you a refund straight away.

jack 10:09 04 Nov 2007

I have been trawling the net.
And because one of us trio is a IT user as opposed to a delver[like us here]
It would be politic I think for them to see what can be had rather than buy 'blind' from a web site.
To this end I have been looking at PCW - Business.
As the organization[U3A] is an education charity
it may be possible to go this route[ VAT exemption perhaps]?
Any experiences any one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?