A sort of desktop publishing

maltose 16:22 20 Aug 2006

I want to mount photos as if randomly dropped onto an A4 size sheet of paper. i.e. some "fallen" on others, some at odd alignments. can you recommend any software?

jack 17:08 20 Aug 2006

Any image editing package will serve.
For an example - I use Paint Shop Pro- but others are similar.
Load the select images to your desk top in multiple openings.
Now go to [in this case] File/Page layout.
You will get a blank page template to the screen and the opened images in a file down one side of the screen.
Simply drag one image at a time to the blank page and push and shove it to position and use corner mark dragging to adjust the size.
A right click will bring up a menu to allow rotation left or right
When satisfied save it or print it.

maltose 18:02 20 Aug 2006

Thanks Jack, I have paint and Photolab Express, neither appears to have the facility you describe (hence this thread)one solution is clearly to get the Pro version of paint

maltose 18:37 20 Aug 2006

I have down loaded paint.net but it looks as though I am in for a few hours of experimentation before I can get what I want

De Marcus™ 18:40 20 Aug 2006

It sounds as though you need a template click here and if you see any you like, click the yellow envelope.

maltose 19:15 20 Aug 2006

jack made it sound so easy but paint.net seems different from Paint shop pro. Are multiple openings the same thing as "layers"?

cycoze 19:41 20 Aug 2006

De Marcus™, they look good.

De Marcus™ 19:51 20 Aug 2006

free to a good home

cycoze 19:56 20 Aug 2006

Thank You De Marcus™, mail on it`s way.

De Marcus™ 20:10 20 Aug 2006

Perhaps some of the forum members may be able to advise on picasa's suitability for this, I've only ever used it once so wouldn't know.

P.s. Mail sent cycoze.

maltose 21:06 20 Aug 2006

The penny has dropped. The multi photos have to be pasted in and not layered in. I can now achieve what I want with paint.net. Thanks, especially to De Marcus who first showed me the way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?