Sony Walkman MP3 question

vandral1234 19:46 22 Nov 2007

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a Sony Walkman MP3 player (model: NWZ-A816 - 4GB).

I'm wondering if there is any software programme I can download/use that will enable 'gapless' playback - in other words, to avoid the irritating gap that occurs between tracks...?

This player doesn't use Sonic Stage (thank goodness) - I either do a drag and drop or use it in synch with Win media player 11.

It's a fab unit, but I really don't want to live with this gap between tracks...

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,
N

MCE2K5 21:22 22 Nov 2007
  asanlui 11:02 29 Nov 2007

just bought it a few days ago. i'm a "loop digger" and wanted a nice portable device to review my new-found samples on-the-go.

any alternate method other than the LAME trick? have you confirmed that it works, vandral1234?

vandral1234 16:33 29 Nov 2007

The Lame thing, as far as I can tell, is a bit complex - in that you have to apply it to all tracks one by one, unless I've misunderstood how it works.

I've already got such a huge music library on my pc and have already put it all on to the Sony MP3.

Ideally, a piece of software that I could simply install onto the Sony is what I'm looking for - something that just did it all for me with one click...

Any ideas?

asanlui 08:39 05 Dec 2007

"Asan Lui,

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Support.

We're sorry, but you cannot change the time gap in between the tracks being played on your Sony NWZ-A815BLK Network Walkman.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Your Sony Email Response Team
C6EL
Jason"

=T.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017