Sony handycam software problem

jollygal36 19:46 16 Jul 2007

Hi there
I have a new Sony Handycam SR52E
Recorded stuff on Saturday.
Tried to download onto my PC on Sunday (Windows XP - 512mb Ram etc ) and the installation sofware won't recognise the connected camera. All correctly connected to the docking station and then to the computer via the proper wire.

Keeps telling me to connect my camera and it is connected !!
Have been to Sony website for support and can't find anything which helps.
Doesn't seem to be a USB problem - have tried a few others and all the same. Other thing is that I realised I can view the images in Windows Meida (pressed the burn to DVD button and it then recognised new hardware).

So, this is obviously a software issue - does it seem that the software is incompatible with my computer -could it be just this disk which came with the handycam?? I have windows XP.

I'm not that tecchie so please any easy answers ? might I have to get different editing software - don't really want to go to that expense ?!

Many thanks

anchor 12:48 17 Jul 2007

Try calling Sony

08705 111 999

9am to 5pm Mon - Fri

DerekD 20:06 29 Dec 2007

Did you get anywhere with your problem?

I have just bought the same SCR SR52E model. I've installed the software and connecting to the PC successfully, but when I try to download some video from the camcorder, the PC doesn't seem to find any files, although I know they are there.
I've tried the same operation on my laptop, and it works OK.
Both laptop and PC are Windows XP SP2, but as the laptop doesn't have a DVD writer, nor enough memory, it is no use for editing the video once it have been imported. I really need it to work on the PC, which is definitely powerful enough to cope - it just can't see the files!
Any assistance would be grateful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone