Sony Ericsson K800i answerphone

User-D5390C4E-4227-4FF3-B80F5A0BD992009C 19:26 01 Sep 2006

I've recently bought a K800i mobile phone on Orange and have just got a disc of ringtones and things on eBay for it.

Can anyone tell me how to use the answerphone files that came with the disc? They are conventional .wav files. In the good old days, I would have to record an answerphone message on air with the network who would save it for me. I can't get the hang of this 3G stuff! Can someone help?

STREETWORK 21:26 01 Sep 2006

You would need to use a bluetooth adapter, and connect the phone to the PC using bluetooth, or a USB cable suitable for the phones connections. These adapters can cost as little as £10 for a short range one.

silverous 19:35 03 Sep 2006

Streetwork> I think he's talking about recorded answerphone messages. You may be thinking ringtones.

I guess one, not very clever way, would be to play them on your PC having chosen to record your answerphone message and placing the microphone of the phone near your PC speaker(s) !

Thanks Streetwork and Silverous - yes I was referring to the answerphone message you can record when you can't answer in time. Orange's answerphone service doesn't seem to allow me to upload a pre-recorded one - I can't even play it when I'm prompted to as playing files seems to break the connection. Oh well, not the end of the world. Still a brilliant phone. Thanks for helping!

silverous 22:22 03 Sep 2006

I don't get why playing it is an issue. Don't play it on the phone, play it on your PC through your PC speakers while your phone is connected to answerphone and recording?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?