Smartphone insurance problem

CarlosGonçalves 20:40 04 Jul 2014

Hey guys,

So i have a question, i had the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, right? When i bought the phone, i made an insurance for it. There was different types of insurance (cheaper) but because the phone costed 399€ (Europe) i was forced to accept the most expensive one.

2.5 Years later (and still paying the most expensive insurance)my phone fell into a pool and never worked again...

I activated the insurance, and they sent the "Sony Xperia M2" as a replacement (didn't even had a choice of choosing one myself...).

Of course i want to choose a phone by myself, since i paid the insurance for so long (the most expensive one) and still have to pay the replacement feed of (65€)

When i said this to the manager of the store he said "you get one with the same characteristics as your older one".

Come on now, that's stupid, since my play is 3 years old i would get a shitty phone..

What i want to ask is, is the M2 = to my xperia play at his prime (3 years ago) since i will lose my "console/phone"? (i asked the Wiko Highway as a replacement wich is only 20€ more expensive).

Thanks

alanrwood 10:07 05 Jul 2014

Insurance only covers you for replacement of an equivalent not for a better item even if things have improved in the meantime. If you want better try negotiating a replacement value and then you add the difference for the phone you want.

I can't commment on the particular phones you mention as I don't have any experience with either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone