morddwyd 13:23 01 Aug 2014

Just been on the phone to my son in Oz. Used to get an instant feedback of how much it cost, but I'm not getting it.

Has Skype updated it out, or have I changed a seeing somewhere?

Ventad 08:45 03 Aug 2014

If you are using an IPad click on your name at the top to bring in your profile your money available is there. Have not got my laptop to look but it used to be at the top , perhaps it has changed to profile to.

Woolwell 15:21 03 Aug 2014

Am I missing something? Skype to Skype is free. I assume that you must be calling from a tablet or laptop to a land line or mobile. Are you using an app or the Windows version? There are often cheaper ways than Skype.

morddwyd 20:01 03 Aug 2014

Thanks. I'm not looking for my balance but simply "Cost of Call".

I'm not calling Skype to Skype. Mt son doesn't believe in these new fangled ideas!

There might be cheaper ways than Skype, but 1 hour and 40 minutes to Australia on my mobile for less than £1 seems good value to me.

Woolwell 20:03 03 Aug 2014

Are you using the Skype Android app?

Woolwell 20:07 03 Aug 2014

But I have a feeling that I'm not going to be able to help.

john bunyan 20:57 03 Aug 2014

morddwyd

No visuals but I have a broadband phone - Vonage - that allows me to make unlimited calls to a host of countries including Australia, USA, Europe, UK etc for about £10 a month.(Over my broadband and BT line rental fee) A little box plugs in to your router and a normal phone can be used.(With a second phone no.) See

Vonage

Vonage2

morddwyd 09:52 04 Aug 2014

Thanks. Just to wrap it up, I'm using the Skype app on a Galaxy Note 2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?