Sky Satellite System Warranty Cover

Nero6 14:25 21 Jul 2007

Does anyone know anything about Digital Satellite Warranty Cover Ltd. of Liverpool

Stuartli 16:57 21 Jul 2007

If it's this one you mean, avoid like the plague:

click here

Also:

click here

DavidR1 13:12 24 Aug 2007

Hi glad i saw this thread!

i have been bombarded with telephone calls from this and Digital Satelite Cover!

Luckily i work in the financial services industry and alarm bells rang immediately!

these people appear to be offering something that is a regulated service.

After speaking to teh FSA they said send all paperwork to them about this company and they will investigate.

a) they are not authorised to hold money (taking you money is an illegal activity!)
b) how is the cover going to be paid for in the event of a claim. again another authorised activity.

when contacted by this company i mentioned to this to them and they were not sure if it was insurance they were offering or a warranty!

Initially they said it was an insurance. i said to them if that is the case then you must be regulated by the FSA. They dont even know who the FSA are!!

They are also obliged to confirm their complaints procedure and how this will be resolved.

they do not.

in additon the bit that gave this away is the following:

a) i could have printed this off my comouter at home . the quality is appalling
b) checking companies house on Digial Satellite cover. they do not exist. check on google earth and zoom into the address it is actially a mailbox etc... facility. ie it is a forwarding service!
c) checking on Digital Satelite Warranty Cover. Now they do have a companies house number, interstingly it only opened last year and they has as you may have guessed lodged no accounts with them. Again an illegal activity.
d) asked them where they get your details from they slam the phone down or say please write in and we wil tell you. I am the mailing prefernce service. MPS say they are not allowed to do this if you ask they must disclose this as a matter of course!

Action to be taken

1) report them to the FSA
2) report them to Sky. Sky do not pass on any 3rd party info unless requested. I have confirmed with Sky that this is the case. Send copies of any paperwork as well to Sky.
3) report them to the mailing and telephone prefernce service if applicable
4) report them to trading standards
5) report them to police for fraud (as per FSA advice!)

Interstingly i was initialy told that it was because the engineer who installed it was the same company. Sky confirm this not to be case. It is possible your engineer who installed the satellite system passed your details onto the above companies for a backhander!

Also Sky on recommends Domestic and General. I am not promoting this company by the way.

k.d 23:48 25 Jan 2008

i have had a warranty with this company now for 18 months i have had to have an engineer out twice due to storm damage and they have always showed up when they said and have complied with what i was told on the phone when i originally took the warranty out. i have also looked on google earth and seen that this is not a p.o.box but a trading park in an industy area! i was promised same day call out service, which i received and was told they covered acts of god, as it was storm damage they came and replaced the whole system for me with no extra charge at all. i have told family and friends of this company and a few have called them and joined. so as i and other people have had excellant service from this company how is it fraud if you get exactly what you pay for as was offered in the first place

Stuartli 13:49 27 Jan 2008

Because the experience of many other people decreeds otherwise....:-)

GAILLYWAILLY 12:08 25 Feb 2008

I ALSO HAVE RECIEVED LETTERS FROM THIS COMPANY. I CALLED THEM TO TELL THEM I DO NOT WANT TO BE ON THERE MAILING LIST AND THE GIRL ON THE PHONE SAID NO PROBLEM AFTER TAKING MY DETAILS AND I THOUGHT COOL, THATS FINE. AND AGAIN TODAY I RECIEVED ANOTHER LETTER FROM THEM. AFTER READING THE LETTER IT SAYS SKY CHARGES ARE FROM £72 THIS IS IN FACT LIES AS IT IS A SET CHARGE OF £65 REGARDLESS OF THE FAULT AND YOUR FULL SYSTEM WILL BE WORKING.AS WELL AS THAT U GET CREDIT ON THE ACCOUNT FOR THE DAYS YOU ARE WITHOUT VIEWING. THE DOMESTIC AND GENERAL WARRANTY COVER PROVIDES YOU WITH SO MUCH MORE. AND YES I AGREE WITH DAVIDR1, STAY WELL CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY, IF THEY CANT PROVIDE THE CORRECT DETAILS THE CHANCES ARE THEY ARE FAKE

charline_dswc 17:32 26 Mar 2009

for all u negative people about this company want to take the service out befor sayign negative things about it . i work for this company and its the best company that i have worked for its loyal reliable and means everythink that you are signin up for unlike D&G THEY DO NOT COVER ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE OR CORROSION DAMAGE AND TAKE 72 HOURS FOR AN ENGINEER.. so ppl who have negative things t say wana keep their mouth shuts thy have hard and dedicated empoyers who work their and every one knows every one all were their for is to help customers .... xx

Arnie 18:49 30 Mar 2009

if not, God help the future of the company.

Arnie.

Kevscar1 19:26 30 Mar 2009

If thats the attitude of the employees I certainly would never deal with them.

Stuartli 00:29 31 Mar 2009

Domestic and General is a well respected and highly reputable company.

It is supported and recommended by some of the top brands in various areas of the UK retail market for use after an initial warranty or guarantee has run its course.

As for charline_dswc, as has rightly been pointed out, his/her posting says it all (so, in other words, avoid like the plague as I suggested a long time ago!)

MoMcP 14:51 04 Jun 2009

I think I have just been "stung" by this, received a call back in the middle of May and like a few of you who have previously commented bought a policy which I thought was renewing the plan from my current provider, everything was said really quickly - should have smelt a rat but didn't. Anyway policy arrived yesterday, some 3 weeks after I had received the call, you only get a 7 day cooling off period and as I had no contact details until yesterday, told them that trying to cancel before yesterday was impossible unless I had a crystal ball.

As for their "employee" Charline_dswc, would be worried if he/she worked for my company as she can't spell and grammar is diabolical. Reckon I've kissed goodbye to 60 odd quid, but my brother in law is from a good Livepool family of 9, so maybe on his next visit home he could go round and see them with a view to "asking" for my money back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?