Sky Personal Planner - how to use with DVD/HDD?

dms05 08:48 02 Jun 2006

A friend has a Pace Sky Digibox connected to his Philps DVD/HDD Recorder. He inserted the DVD/HDD in place of a VCR. His Sky box Personal Planner and VCR worked perfectly together. The Philips refuses to record (onto HDD) when the Sky PP activates. Everything is connected by fully wired SCART leads.

He has the DVD/HDD in the circuit so he can use Time Shift.

If the Pace box is replaced by an Amstrad box all works OK.

Any ideas what's going on?

Fellsider 19:16 13 Jun 2006

Only certain DVD recorders will work with the Personal Planner on Sky. Check the dvd recorder manual.

On my DVD recorder (JVC) there is a button on the remote that sets the recorder mode to detect a signal from the Sky box (Thomson) in personal planner. I assume this is the sort of thing that you mean.

What model of DVD recorder is it?

rodriguez 21:27 13 Jun 2006

I have a Philips DVD recorder (this one doesn't have a HDD it only cost me £120) also connected to a Pace Sky Digibox and although I've never used the feature you describe, I think it has something to do with the Direct Record feature on the Philips recorder. I used to have it connected to a Panasonic VCR and with that you hard to turn on External Link, so I think the Philips equivalent is Direct Record.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?