Sky HD

laurie53 20:17 27 Jul 2008

I already have Sky+

If I buy an HD box is it just a simple matter of swapping all the leads and upping my subscription or do I have to pay the installation fee come what may?

GRIDD 20:47 27 Jul 2008

Cannot see why you'd have to pay for installation other than if they need to set up the box from an installers menu. Part from that it's the same cable running from the SkyDish.

dms_05 09:11 28 Jul 2008

If you buy a box through the official Sky distribution channel you will have to pay an installation charge. The fitter took about 25 minutes to swap my Sky+ for Sky+ HD because he took time to check the whole installation.

If you buy a Sky+ HD box through another route then you will be able to connect yourself. You will need to call Sky and pair the Sky card with your box and make sure they know you want to subscribe to HD.

You can currently buy the Sky+ HD PVR from Sky for £150 plus installation. That's a very good price and may total less than you can source it for elsewhere. And of course through Sky you get their on-site warranty.

al7478 16:57 31 Jul 2008

But i think the installation, which can be easily done yorself, is £60. Basically, then, a really expensive courier service is what youre getting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?