sim transfer to micro sim

jerica 13:07 06 Feb 2016

Hi, got an HTC desire with a standard sim and I want to transfer the info on it to a micro sim in a S3. Connected the S3 to the pc and it recognises it straight away, put the sim from the HTC in a card reader and it refuses to see it and says there is no driver installed. Tried connecting the phone via HTC sync, nothing happens. I'm using a Veho 229 card reader which I'm now assuming is not happy with smart card reading and Win7. Tried downloading a couple of sim reading progs but no luck, I'm probably missing something simple but what, thanks for any help.

Devil Fish 23:10 11 Feb 2016

a card reader wont read a sim it is for sd cards .My best advice would be if you have kept the same mobile vendor ie o2 EE 3 etc would be take original sim into shop and get them to trim it to micro,may cost couple of quid but you keep all your info

jerica 13:56 12 Feb 2016

My card reader is supposed to read SIMS but apparently it won't on WIN7. Old SIM it couldn't be trimmed but I managed to transfer all info to a micro SD and moved it across, so all OK now, thanks for getting back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?