SHDC Cards - How much

ventanas 14:41 07 May 2008

can fit on them. I'm thinking of buying a camcorder with an internal hdd that will also take these cards. I just wondered how much they will hold in terms of time. I appreciate that it will probably vary with quality, but I suspect that in any event, if sound is being recorded as well, then the length will be pitifully short. Therefore I am wondering if its worth it.
Grateful for any advice.

ventanas 14:42 07 May 2008

Sorry, should be SDHC

anchor 16:52 07 May 2008

I have no personal knowledge of your camera, but in the case of the Panasonic, I have read on one site that using the SP setting, you get approximately 50 mins recording on a 4GB SDHC card.

Another site said, Recording in MPEG2 format you can record one hour 40 minutes of footage on a 4GB card (704x480, SP mode, 30 fps).

Take your choice.

I don`t know what the maximum card size permitted for your camera, but again with the Panasonic, you can certainly use a 16Gb card.

ventanas 22:03 07 May 2008

Thanks anchor. I've been doing a bit of research and came up with just the same, which did quite amaze me.
It is a Panasonic that I have in mind, and it does seem to be worth getting a card. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?