SD Card backup

Daiol 18:29 10 Sep 2006

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew of some method of backing up the images that i got on my sd card whilst away on holiday,as an eg i was away the other week and i took aprox 500 photographs and i wished that i had some method of backing them up into some form of device,been looking at archos av700 but a bit pricy any other thought please.thanks in advance.

Stuartli 18:54 10 Sep 2006

You could use a portable external HDD such as:

click here

but not sure how you would power it unless you had access to a laptop or computer system somewhere.

QVC has often featured such devices in the past and stated that backing up pix files etc is part of their attraction.

cycoze 19:02 10 Sep 2006

Im seriously considering a Pixman from click here , supports SmartMedia, Secure Digital/MultiMedia Memory Card, Memory Stick, XD, Memory Stick Pro and Compact Flash Type I/II,MicroDrive.

Daiol 19:08 10 Sep 2006

cycoze & Stuartli.Thanks for your prompt reply,
cycoze I think that Pixman looks very interesting indeed.Nice price to aint it.

ton 22:59 10 Sep 2006

By far the cheapest way is to buy another SD card, only about £17 for 1 gig. from 7dayshop

jack 18:19 11 Sep 2006

as mentioned there are back-up devices some with screens- ,
But it depends on your needs I know Cycoze is an avid photographer and has a good reason to go this rout
But for your average Holiday snapper?

A couple of extra cards, and if in a suitable location get them burned to CD.
Which is what I did in my recent trip in Scandinavia.

Daiol 18:28 11 Sep 2006

many thanks to u all its all sorted now i know what i'm looking for.Thankyou once again.

Strawballs 18:29 15 Sep 2006

ton £17 2Gig from 7 day shop .com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?