Scart swutcher and timer?

jack 16:53 04 Jul 2006

A chum is having trouble with the connectivity between the digibox/PVR/VHS in so far that when he sets up something to record with Video plus it does not always work and when the recording is played back he gets a blank screen -So I have promised one day next week to have a look.
That bits fine - I can think of all sorts of reason for this and the remedies possible.
However meanwhile in talking to someone else -this individual suggested he needed a special switch box[SCART multiplier?] with its own timer
So my chum is banging on about getting one- before I have seeni anything or make any recommendations.
I have not heard of such a gadget -switch box and timer have any of you?

Stuartli 19:25 04 Jul 2006

Switching a Scart socket lead connection is normally done through a voltage trigger on one of the pins - they may not be working or you don't have the correct type of Scart lead.

See:

click here

about two-thirds of the way down.

My best mate, who runs an independent audio/visual/applainces outlet, sells the Philex (Labgear and SLX2 brand names) Scart AV auto adapter for about £15. See:

click here

jack 19:35 04 Jul 2006

Thank you Stuartli
I'll mark this for next week and go armed with a couple of leads.
I have to say I have a Phillips auto scart box - works the same I guess- detects the active unit -blanks the others.
I have reservation on hw VideoPlus comes into all this,
I never did trust it and much prefer manual setting.

jack 06:51 07 Jul 2006

'Scart swutcher and timer?'
Just to finish this one off
I still dont know what his exact problem will be untill I get there but I am begining to have an inckling.
I Think he has been assuming that he can set his Digibox by using the Video plus codes.
If this is so, and in my searching around I have heard of this elsewhere- it cant be done
Videoplus is a VHS thing
Digi Box dont have it.
We shall have to see

jack 20:17 07 Jul 2006

Wait and see

jack 08:29 08 Jul 2006

^

Fellsider 18:55 10 Jul 2006

Vivanco do a box that allegedly connects to ALL components and allows any of the recorders to record from any other component using (yet another) remote control.

I tried one (from QVC), it was about £50 inc p+p, but could'nt get it to work as I wanted. (DVD recorder to pick up signal from sky box through the sky planner for unattended recording), I assumed it was faulty and returned it for a refund and reverted to my current mathod of having a 2-scart in / 1 scart out connection with a switch.

link to the item on QVC click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone