Sat Nav Garmin Nuvi - Charging the Nuvi

tardis100 11:20 16 Nov 2007

I have recently bought the Garmin Nuvi 350 Sat Nav and am very pleased with it. But how long does it take to charge? There is an AC adapter included with the package which just says to connect it to a wall outlet. OK as far as it goes. I have 2 questions that I wonder if anyone who has one of these units can help me with - one is how long will it take to fully charge? and can I damage the unit by overcharging? I have sent a query to Garmin but have had no answer. Any help would be gratefully received.

superhoops 22:29 16 Nov 2007

My Nuvi 660 takes about 2 hours to charge fully and no they cant be damaged by leaving it plugged in when it has finished charging. I am glad you like your 350. I wish I had never bought my 660.

nagonlouse 22:36 16 Nov 2007

tardis100 In answer to your query, When you plug the charger into the wall outlet and your Sat Nav you will see a charging graph in the top right hand corner. It will also tell you the state of charge. The manufacturers say the Battery will last for 4-8 hrs depending how you use it.

nagonlouse 22:48 16 Nov 2007

tardis100 As an afterthought GOOGLE: Garmin 350 in the search bar, when the page opens click on No 2 Garmin 350 Review.

tardis100 06:49 17 Nov 2007

Thanks for all that superhoops and nagonlouse - really appreciate that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017