Samsung NC10

pchelper001 15:22 12 Jan 2009

Has anyone got one of these, or are thinking of getting one? If so, are there any especially good things about it? It may be a bit on the high-end of my budget, but I like the look of it.

Many Thanks

PCH001

Danoh 21:52 24 Jan 2009

Got mine 5th Dec, returning an Acer AspireOne with the same spec as I found its 8.9" screen noticeably smaller - the Samsung NC10's 10" made a big difference.
I did not find the extra sized keys/keyboard as significant a benefit with the Samsung NC10.
It was intended as a small and light holiday laptop and it was perfect.
But after the hols, my wife has taken it over as she much prefers it to her full-sized HP laptop. She has not relinquished it yet!

Danoh 21:55 24 Jan 2009

P/S the battery life of 6 - 7 hrs on one charge was superb (Acer was 1.75 - 2 hrs)! Screen display was excellent - bright even just one battery power - wider viewing angles then the Acer AspireONE.
It is a bit heavier then the Acer tho'.

pchelper001 11:37 25 Jan 2009

Many thanks, I to am sending back my Aspire One. I will definitely get this as its replacement. My One was extremely slow and the battery was only around 30 minutes from a full charge. Pretty bad for a two-month old machine.

Cheers for your help.

Danoh 23:28 30 Jan 2009

Sure thing.
I only had the AspireOne for a matter of days.
However I did not find it slow but then I deliberately kept it very light in terms of number of application programs installed - just the bare minimum needed for holiday use. Consequently I got less then 2 hrs battery life.

30 mins and very slow running suggests that you might have some power-hungry apps installed?

Its the screen and battery life that were marked improvements and drove my decision. {Just wish my wife would go back to her own laptop though... :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires