samsung galaxy tab 3 uninstall s voice

Ikarus 14:56 25 Sep 2015
Answered

I wish to uninstall or disable s voice on this tablet. I have tried a number of things but none have worked. Is there a guaranteed way of doing this as I am getting increasingly frustrated with the American voice telling me what is on the screen and what app I have clicked on.

mikef. 16:20 29 Sep 2015

If you go into settings, Application manager, all, scroll to s voice you can disable it. To remove it totally you would have the root your tablet

Ikarus 13:36 01 Oct 2015

Unfortunately there is no Application Manager within the settings list on this tablet. I can get into the S-Voice app and press the "voice off" button but that only prompts the voice to tell me that if it is activated there will be no voice prompts. On tapping OK nothing changes and the voice is still there. Any other suggestions from anyone?

I am Spartacus 14:29 01 Oct 2015

Choose 'Settings' then 'Applications'. Under 'Application Manager' slide the list of Apps across until 'All' is visible. 'S Voice' will be listed so tap on it then tap 'Force Stop' then tap 'Disable' then remove the tick from 'Show notifications'.

Ikarus 16:19 05 Oct 2015
Answer

Have carried out the instructions suggested by I am Spartacus. The app is now shown as "disabled" but the voice is still there telling me everything that I tap on the screen. Is there another app or setting which controls this? This is getting very annoying!

I am Spartacus 17:33 05 Oct 2015

Are you sure it's not Google Now voice control that's switched on or the Text to Speech Accessibility option?

Ikarus 19:30 05 Oct 2015

Success at last! Thank you I am Spartacus for your last suggestion which has done the trick. Thanks also to all the others who also contributed to the solution.

bukaare112 11:47 06 Oct 2015

I was also facing the same problem but thanks to you guys!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?