S-Video PC Input

ArrGee 13:44 14 Sep 2007

I have an S-Video-out on my TV and an S-Video-in on the PC. I have connected the two.

How do I see the TV pic on the PC?

Thanks

ambra4 13:54 14 Sep 2007

I thing you have it wrong there is no s-video in on a pc only a s-video out so you will not able to see the tv on you pc

Check the manuals TV and PC

ArrGee 14:00 14 Sep 2007

I have a fairly new (6 month) old HP Media Centre PC. On the front is a panel with a section marked 'Input'.

Within that section there is:
1. S-Video
2. Composite Video
3. Audio Left
4. Audio Right.

As the S-Video is within this clearly marked 'input' section, I would assume that this does indeed have S-Video-in.

Hope that helps.

ArrGee 14:01 14 Sep 2007

Have you used them to capture video?

ArrGee 14:12 14 Sep 2007

I also have a Sky+ Box. Do you have a connection directly from the S-Video on the Sky box to the S-Video on the PC?

The TV is a Sony KE-P42M1.

ArrGee 15:17 14 Sep 2007

I failed to see that the S-Video on the TV is In, not out. Thanks for pointing that out.

Anyone out there that has a Sky+ box connected to their PC using S-Video on both ends?

holme 15:33 14 Sep 2007

From what you said at 14:00, that sounds like you have a TV card installed in your HP and the sockets to which you refer are the 'AUX' sockets for it.

You can plug your Sky+ box S-video out into the S-video socket on the PC and link the stereo audio phono sockets on both.

When you fire up the TV card, select the 'AUX' and S-video input and you should then see Sky+ progs on your monitor. HTH.

ArrGee 15:48 14 Sep 2007

Thanks. How do I 'fire up the TV card'?

holme 16:54 14 Sep 2007

If there are no clues in your PC documentation (it might be in a supplement if it's a PCI/TV card), I would first try clicking on Start - All Programs and see if anything to do with TV is listed there.

For example, our Hauppauge cards come up as 'Win TV' and a sub-menu gives various options to start up the TV card control software or (analogue) Teletext.

It may help to look round the back to see if the PCI/TV card gives any clues as to make etc.

BTW, you won't need to plug an aerial lead into the TV card if all you intend to do is run a Sky+ box into it, but there may well be an S-video socket on the back panel which might be more convenient for you).

Frankly I'm guessing a bit but HTH.

ArrGee 17:35 14 Sep 2007

Thanks holme

I'll have a tinker around and see how I can get the set-up I want.

Just for info, this is the PC I have:
click here

ArrGee 17:54 14 Sep 2007

Ok, no joy with the S-video to S-video cable. So I now have a scart to s-video/audio jack cable.

The scart is plugged into an output on the Sky box, the S-Video to the S-Video-in on the PC, and the jack to the mic jack plug on the PC.

Still no joy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?