Roxio unable to edit clips captured in Roxio!

Esc4p3 16:26 21 Jun 2008

I have captured loads of clips using Roxio Creator 9 XE using the AVI DV format. The video captures fine, and plays OK in windows media player, but then when I go into either Videowave or Windows Movie Maker the clip cannot be imported. I tried capturing some Mpeg2 footage and this works fine. I wouldn't mind but it took me ages to carefully capture about 1 hours worth of clips. Can anyone please advise why the clips won't import. I use Vista if that helps.

MCE2K5 17:56 21 Jun 2008

Is the Video 'DV AVI Type 1' or 'DV AVI Type 2',

If It's Type 1,

Type 1 to Type 2 Converters click here click here Both Free.

Esc4p3 09:49 22 Jun 2008

Thanks for replying - the Roxio software describes the AVI capture format as "full-size DV video with optimal quality". So looking at the links provided by your good self it does seem likely that your solution is what I need.

/rant.... But if so how blinking ridiculous that a software suite needs a 'hidden' stage to read its own captured video..... /off-rant

Anyway, thanks for your help, will download one of the versions and give it a try. Will report back.....

Esc4p3 22:13 23 Jun 2008

Okay, I have captured .avi files in both type 1 and type 2 format, but neither Roxio or WMM wish to edit the resulting files although both types play fine in windows media player.

So what am I doing wrong.....? Please advise.

MCE2K5 23:53 23 Jun 2008

Can you leave this with me for a couple of days,

I will have to Install V9 on an old pc as I have V10 on both new computers (Plus a very sick Cat to look after, Operation this thursday).

Meanwhile download GSpot v2.70a (Codec Information Appliance) click here

super-quick start click here

It will tell you if you have the right Codecs Installed.

Esc4p3 15:54 24 Jun 2008

Thanks for your kind offer MCE2K5. Meanwhile I have been over a avforums.co.uk to see what they could offer. One of the suggestions was to download a trial of Sony Vegas Video, which I did and it seems to cope ok with the .avi file. I still tend to think there is a codec issue somewhere.

Esc4p3 21:47 25 Jun 2008

Of all things the culprit was my k-lite codec pack. Apparently certain editors, Roxio included, are not a big fan of 3rd party codecs. So uninstalled them and bingo, I'm editing clips like a good-un.

Computers/software are just weird :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires