Roku.. on communal wifi..using an unblocker.. How?

Milkshakenz 07:09 30 Mar 2016

My UK-born parents live in a New Zealand retirement village. Their flat has wifi accessed by a password. I've purchased a Roku device and a subscription to unblock-us.com so they can watch UK TV channels on their TV. I've successfully set up a UK Roku account. I know this because the TV screen loads the UK channels, and even the current schedule. But when I press play on any channel I get the standard "this content is not working' message. Interestingly YouTube works fine, although the ads are New Zealand(?) The flat is wired for ethernet, so the Roku is hard wired to a netcomm wireless router. The router has no physical connection to the PC, but the fact Youtube works and the TV schedules load suggests there is some 'kind' of connection. I also know Unblock us works as BBC iPlayer on the PC works fine. All Roku setup guides indicate it MUST be connected to a router (which I've done). I've also changed the routers DNS setting as per Unblock Us' online guide, but this isn't strictly an Unblock-Us issue, since their service works.But I cannot work out why the Roku device can 'see' BBC, ITV etc all the way to showing today's schedule, but will not load and play the actual programmes. Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?