Removing a problem !! 4oD

peter4076 09:51 29 Jan 2008

Unlike BBC's iPlayer, 4oD is an app which you have to download and install. In doing so it puts an icon in your system tray when you start your PC.

You can right click and close it however I want rid of it for good, well at least until I want to use 4oD. Unfortunately there doesnt seem to be an option in the 4oD settings and when I fire up MSConfig to change my start-up process it isnt there.

Does anyone know how if there are any other ways to remove it? Registry settings etc?

I know it sounds really sad but I'm super picky about what programs are in my start-up list and system tray!
It is not in the Add/Remove.
All help gratefully received

Cheers

sunny staines 11:34 29 Jan 2008

i just close it time i boot up.

peter4076 12:55 29 Jan 2008

Thats what I am doing at the moment, but I want to remove permanently...........for life

cycoze 14:26 29 Jan 2008

Have you checked to see if you can stop it in Services?

The 12th Man 14:39 29 Jan 2008

... I too, sadly, have had this very same problem. Any attempt I made in removing 4oD messed with flash player and upon reinstalling flash player, I found it still didn't work. The only way I found to get rid rid of 4oD permanently is to do a system restore to before you installed it.

Good luck.

peter4076 15:42 29 Jan 2008

Is that it, no removal at all. I've never had a virus I couldn't remove, and yet this legit software is sticking to me like a rash...........unbelievable.
Thanks guys, the search goes on.

peter4076 16:56 29 Jan 2008

I've found some Kservice removal software over on a Sky website click here

Will try it out tomorrow.

Confab 17:22 29 Jan 2008

Its in my Add Remove progs under 4oD. If its not in yours then go to the 4oD website and click the download and install option again. You should then be advised that you already have the software and given the option to repair it or uninstall it. Choose uninstall.

peter4076 10:09 30 Jan 2008

Confab............Much obliged, downloaded again and Repair/Uninstall option, and done the obvious. Will tick.

Davella 15:07 30 Jan 2008

I used CCleaner. It worked a treat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?