Removing Audio from MP2 recorded TV file

Esc4p3 14:52 21 Dec 2007

Hi, I have recorded a couple of TV programs which I would like to listen to on my MP3 player (mine is an audio only player, no video).

Is there a way of splitting the audio out from the TV recording. I cannot use record 'what you hear' as this is not enabled on my PC (Vista + Creative X-Fi).

I have a Hauppage USB Nova Stick TV recording device. Any idea's anyone?

Les28 15:30 21 Dec 2007

You could try this one AoA Audio Extractor it's free
click here

or maybe Audacity or Super Converter they're freeware as well

Esc4p3 17:05 24 Dec 2007

Thanks Les, I downloaded AoA and it did a cracking job of removing audio on the file that was recorded using the Hauppage software, so thanks for the recommend. The video was around 1gb, and it created the MP3 track in about a minute. However, the tv recorded with media centre would not convert, has anyone got any suggestions as to why. Thanks.

Les28 20:49 24 Dec 2007

Am glad it worked OK for the Hauppage software recorded files, I'm only guessing here that your Hauppage files are saved as mpeg2 video files while WMC saves as a DVR-MS file type and maybe AoA audio extractor can't extract audio from that type of file.

Just been looking at a free 15 day trial of a converter for DVR-MS to mpeg2
click here

maybe if you converted the DVR-MS to mpeg2 and then used AoA to extract the audio from the mpeg2 it may work. Maybe someone with more knowledge of DVR-MS and WMC may help out, worth a try though, Les.

MCE2K5 21:22 24 Dec 2007

Super, This will do it, click here.
Download from mirror download - 26.8MB

MCE2K5 21:27 24 Dec 2007

Just tried it for you, It works a treat.

Esc4p3 11:30 27 Dec 2007

Just got around to looking at posts after chrimbo. Thanks the posts guys, will download Super and try at the weekend, it looks just what I need. Big thanks :-)

Esc4p3 13:31 09 Jan 2008

I downloaded Super, but I cannot make head nor tail of it! Instead I realised that my roxio 9 supports DVR-MS files, so used it to convert to .mpg and extracted the necessary audio. Thanks any way, ticking resolved now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?