Reflection

shellship 17:03 09 May 2008

I have a Pentax Optio A20. The pictures it takes and its facilities are all I will ever want. It is also the right size and weight. However I am being driven mad by the reflection on the LCD screen in bright sunlight. I have tried the so-called anti-reflection films but to no avail so I will, reluctantly, have to go for another camera. Any suggestions, please.

jack 08:45 10 May 2008

click here

Also Jessops and other photo stores

shellship 09:55 10 May 2008

Thanks. Looks interesting. Less costly than a new camera!

shellship 17:43 15 May 2008

Have bought one from Local Jessops but can't try it out 'cos the sun ain't shining up here. Chap there said that majority of compacts no longer have optical viewfinder option because of the insistence on large LCDs. Still think I'll go for optical one when and if I upgrade. Thanks for advise.

jack 20:20 15 May 2008

That a 'Snap on' optical finder as used to be made for early 35mm cameras would be a good seller.

Did not get a reply.

shellship 18:19 23 May 2008

Have now tried out my new toy. very neat and tidy and fits well but.............. still bad reflection. On sunny Tuesday in Scotland taking pics of golfing mates all I could see was my face - not a pretty sight.

Now want to know which is the best compact digi which has an optical viewfinder (and Li battery). I've looked at Kodak - great spec but too bulky.

jack 09:22 24 May 2008

click here

This is pricey but it gives you a clue that something is around or There is the 'Blue Peter' approach ;-}

GroupFC 15:11 24 May 2008

You could have a look at some of the Canon range -they are not as compact as the Pentax, but seem to be one of only a very few manufacturers who include a viewfinder!

shellship 12:11 30 May 2008

Thanks

This one is small and has a view finder click here.

I have found Sony cameras to be very good.

Stuartli 23:59 30 May 2008

At least the majority of Canon digital cameras have a proper viewfinder.

As an amateur and professional photographer of some 58 years' experience, the thought of just using a small LCD screen to compose photographic shots leaves me in despair....:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?