Recording TV progs on PC......

Pine Man 14:13 06 Feb 2009

....and playback on TV?

I have an Hauppauge freeview TV card on my PC and would like to be able to record the occasional program and copy it to a DVD so that I can play it back on my TV through my Sony DVD Recorder.

At the moment I watch the occasional TV progs on my PC through Media Center but if I burn recordings taken on it they won't play back on the TV.

ravingdave 14:45 06 Feb 2009

What are you using to burn the progs onto a DVD? You cannot just copy the recorded file onto a DVD, you will need to use a DVD authoring program (for example Nero) to create a playable DVD.

Pine Man 15:26 06 Feb 2009

I have got Nero 7 Essentials, which doesn't appear to do what you say. Are you aware of any freebies that will do this?

ravingdave 16:06 06 Feb 2009

I did a quick search for "DVD video authoring", but most results were not freebies. Did find this one which is classified as freeware. The desription implies it should do what you want - may be worth a try.

click here

Pine Man 16:15 06 Feb 2009

Thanks very much for that. I'll give it a try and if it fails I might be reduced to paying for a plug-in for Nero.

AL47 21:47 09 Feb 2009

media center does copy to dvd for tv.

Stuartli 15:57 10 Feb 2009

See:

click here

IIRC TV transmissions use MPEG2 - but I stand to be corrected.

The above converter link indicates what can be converted video wise.

Pine Man 18:59 10 Feb 2009

.. Media Center TV files are saved as DVR-MS files. There should be some way of converting them with Windows Movie Maker but I can't work out how:-((

Stuartli 19:48 10 Feb 2009
  Pine Man 08:44 11 Feb 2009

Phew you have been busy!

Thanks very much indeed for all your research. I now look forward to watching all that stuff I recorded with Media center on my TV.

Thanks once again!

chuckbass 05:45 18 Aug 2009

Together with this <a href="click here">video converter</a>or
<a href="click here">iPod video converter</a> to

<a href="click here">converter video</a> would be better

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?