recording sky without sky plus

samgreenfield 22:00 25 Feb 2008

hello

i need some help. my gran has the sky in her bedroom with a cable from the second output to her front room. she has confused me she has bourght a thing called a didihome from argos which has two tuners to record and pause live tv however she wants this to work like sky + can this be done?

thanks

BRYNIT 22:59 25 Feb 2008

Like all HD recorders with twin tuners it will allow you to record one freeview channel whilst viewing another the instructions book should inform you how to do this. If I'm right you will not be able to record from the sky box even when its connected via the scart lead.

hssutton 08:55 26 Feb 2008

I know nothing of this unit from Argos, but I can certainly record from Sky using my Panasonic freeview recorder which is conected via scart to my basic Sky tuner.

However the Sky channel has to be preset and "External Link" has to be selected on the Panosonic.

anchor 11:53 26 Feb 2008

I think you mean Digihome.

click here>DIGIHOME.htm

It certainly has two scart sockets, but does not specify if one. or both, are scart-in/out, or scart-out only.

If it has provision for "scart-in", then you can easily record from the Sky receiver.

anchor 11:54 26 Feb 2008

The Argos link came out bad:

click here

lofty29 15:29 26 Feb 2008

Hi not connected to recording but, I have digihome decoders and have found that unless they are switched off from the mains on a regular basis they tend to overheat and sulk, so I switch mine of at the mains each night. also saves a bit of juice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone