Recommendations for Powerline/Homeplug etc please

Ian in Northampton 20:42 02 Jun 2015

My daughter is planning to install Powerline/Homeplug as the wifi range from our router doesn't easily extend to her room. Anyone have any recommendations? Ease of installation/use and price are pretty important.

john bunyan 22:04 02 Jun 2015

Many choices but these at Argos seem good. I use older version to link "Smart" TV to router. These are for linking one item

Argos

A Choice of powerline wi fi extenders is here; I guess you get what you pay for.

Argos Powerline Wi Fi

simonjary 22:57 02 Jun 2015

Hi, Ian.

We have tested a lot of Powerlines; read our Best Powerline roundup here.

For more on What is Powerline, read this link.

They are all easy to install. It really is plug and play. A 500Mbps set of adapters will be fine.

Ian in Northampton 10:19 03 Jun 2015

Thanks guys. Simon: the link to Best Powerline is broken, and a search on the web site for Powwerline indicates it's broken via that route too...

onthelimit1 12:56 03 Jun 2015

Ian. The link works ok for me on iPad.

Jollyjohn 12:57 03 Jun 2015

I can recommend the TP link powerline adapters. click here Note this has one base and two remotes. Worth considering as extra remotes for a basic kit £50.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:15 03 Jun 2015

Agree TPlink plugs work fine for me.

Ian in Northampton 14:47 03 Jun 2015

otl1: ah, the difference a few minutes makes - it works for me now.

Thanks Jj and FB. TPlink will get serious consideration.

Secret-Squirrel 17:10 03 Jun 2015

Ian, I've installed a few of the TP-Link homeplugs with wireless and can confirm that they're excellent performers and terrific value for money.

Simon, with respect, the article you linked to has reviews from one to one-and-a-half years ago and some of the models have been discontinued so it can hardly be called "The 15 best Powerline adapters 2015: Here are the best Powerline adapters you can buy in the UK right now"

Ian in Northampton 18:22 03 Jun 2015

Thanks S-S.

Ian in Northampton 16:38 02 Jul 2015

Team: just to finish off this thread - my daughter followed your TPLink recommendation, and is very happy - easy to install, works like a dream. Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?