Quicktime movie joinup

immer 17:21 14 Jan 2008

My camera takes movies in quicktime & I download from my camera to my PC. How do I join the various clips together please? I have several progs to make them shorter & tidyer, bu joining is another thing. Can you advise please (any freebys out there?)

Les28 22:00 14 Jan 2008

One way of doing it free is if you have XP you'll have Windows Movie Maker, you can join video files in that, however WMM will not accept import of MOV files so you will have to convert the MOV files first into a format that WMM will accept, you could download the free mov to avi converter

click here

convert your files into avi then import them into WMM and join them up, you won't be able to save the joined file in WMM as a MOV file, WMM mostly offers saving as a Windows Media Video file that will play in Windows Media Player.

Otherwise you could download a free trial of a video editing programme and use that to import the MOV files into, most video editing programmes will accept the import of MOV files and then join them up and save the file as a MOV file if you want or any other formats that the programme offers which usually includes DVD video format if you want to burn to DVD later.
You could try a free 15 day trial download of Arcsoft Showbiz DVD, I use it myself and it accepts MOV input and you can save the joined files as MOV if you want to stick with the MOV format.

click here

Another way is to download Super Converter
click here

and use it to convert to mpeg1 and import the mpeg1 files into WMM.
I can't seem to find any free MOV joiners online but hopefully another forum member will.

Also download Gspot to analyse a clip and give you some idea of the clips properties before you begin

click here

immer 19:30 15 Jan 2008

Good stuff Les28, thanks.....anyone else tried any of this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?