PS3, whats the difference?

Epirb406 22:36 03 Feb 2009

Hi all, can anyone tell me what I am missing here, what's the difference?

click here

click here

apart from th £80-00 of course!

Thanks all, Epirb.

BRYNIT 22:58 03 Feb 2009

One has a wireless controller the other does not.

Epirb406 07:01 04 Feb 2009

I can't see a difference, looks like save £80-00 and a free game to me...!

'pirb.

Yoshinori 22:56 04 Feb 2009

Something strange has happened was on Amazon earlier today and the price of the PS3 was exactly the same as Argos now its all above £300 - maybe they are out of stock or something, anyway Amazon rules

Epirb406 07:37 05 Feb 2009

There is a slight doubt about Argos's customer support and returns but I decided to risk it for an £80-00 price difference and a free £40-00 games.

I will report back if it goeas belly up!

Best regards, Epirb.

theDarkness 02:10 21 Feb 2009

the major shock is that the ps3 is still around the £300 mark! :) I still havent bought any latest gen console-apart from better graphics i feel things are getting a bit dull. Has sony copied the wii yet with any games you can control via body movement? :)

Slightly off topic, but i am wondering if anyone has tried out the quality of its blu ray player yet, when comparing to a stand alone? I still have my ps2 which has a fairly low end dvd player, struggles to play some discs, eg sound slightly out of synch with long length movies (LOTR etc) and it cant run movies of a high bitrate, so just wanted an unbiased opinion on the ps3s blu ray ability

Not taking over the thread! I would probably go for the dual shock wireless controller if the official one was of a good build and didnt run out of power/batteries fast, but anything over £50 for the difference of a wireless controller is a bit much. Probably wise to get an opinion from someone that actually has one first to make sure the extra cash required is really worth parting with. i trip up on enough wires around here as it is though. lol.

theDarkness 02:17 21 Feb 2009

Argos returns policy can be found here:-
click here

I know some high st stores may not allow a full refund on electronic goods but you are usually pretty safe with consoles when the product has all the packaging intact, is still in brand new condition and you hold the receipt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?