PS3 Price Cut (and new model) at last

silverous 16:54 05 Oct 2007

I think it is time for me to buy one now!

click here

click here

rdave13 19:22 06 Oct 2007

Three hundred squids for a game console is really still too much. Bought previous consoles for the children at the same price and still the games get stale regardless of how good they are graphically. Must admit though the previous consoles weren't internet enabled.

silverous 02:04 07 Oct 2007

I think you do have to consider the fact that its a blue ray dvd player also plus internet etc.

ArrGee 10:59 07 Oct 2007

It's not so much the price of the console but the price of the games that puts me off.

Around £40 for a 'top-end' title is a bit steep I think.

silverous 17:25 07 Oct 2007

Haven't top end console games always been around that amount? £40 for many hours of entertainment is less than you'd pay to go to the cinema or just about any other entertainment source.

ArrGee 18:59 07 Oct 2007

Well, looking at who the console game market is truly aimed at, it's a lot of money for a game.

After waiting a few years, I've splashed out on about 70 PS2 titles at an average price of £15 each, pretty much all top-end, not second hand. So that's around £1000.

The same number of top-end titles for a PS3 would set you back (at an average of £35 each) around £2500!.

The advantage of being an older bugger of 38 instead of a teenager is that I can wait!

(Me thinks this should have been in Consumer Watch)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?