Problem playing DVDs

JoE. 23:14 27 Oct 2006

My computer has recently become very penickerty when playing DVDs. Until the other day, it would play a DVD on anything I wanted, Windows Media Player or whatever. But now when it reaches the DVD's menu screen, it gives me the 'Windows Media Player has encountered a problem and needs to close' dialogue box. It also does this on a program I downloaded, although the player stops responding at the same point. The only program seemingly able to play the DVD is the 'Dell CinePlayer' that was pre-installed on my system.

I don't have a problem with this, but I defaulted WMP (11) to play DVDs, and have no idea to undo this and default CinePlayer.

Any ideas?

MichelleC 11:01 30 Oct 2006

WMP 11 is still beta, so it may be just a glitch. Try rolling back to wmp 10 and test again.

Stuartli 12:48 30 Oct 2006

Try using "Set Program Access and Defaults" from the Start menu to change the Defaults.

Also ensure that Windows Media Player has all the File Types enabled including DVD (Tools>Options>File Types tab).

postie24 16:45 30 Oct 2006

Try using power dvd click here

JoE. 16:50 30 Oct 2006

Ive figured out how to set the default dvd player back to how it was before and done so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache