portsble hard drives with tv-out

fox-knight 16:10 21 Sep 2006

hi all, i'm looking for some sort of portable hard drive that will let me play downladed avi file on my tv, have read about packard bells store and play which has a 50gb hard drive for about £140 but surely there is something better out there, around the same price.

any ideas let me know,

cheers fox

sean-278262 16:21 21 Sep 2006

click here

Anything on that page, many on the preceding pages also.

click here

that jups out.

TV output is hard to come by as it requires complex hardware thus the price tag. However why not consider DVDrws and a good quality DVD player. We have a lite on from argos that plays avi files. Easier to use too.

fox-knight 17:40 21 Sep 2006

has any1 tried the store and play device from packard, is it any good? I currently downloand files then burn to disk which can be time consuming, a portable device would be great its just finding the best one.

sean-278262 22:57 21 Sep 2006

Have you looked at hard disk tv recorders. Many have USB inputs allowing you to transfer from USB sticks etc. Considering I have a huge collection of videos and most are under 800mb a 1gb usb stick would offer you enough space to move things about.

As I said it is hard to come by a simple solution other than a media centre system in the living room or the packard bell option you refer to. Also remember that you are limited to the speed of USB. Considering this can take some time to transfer a number of files it may be sensless. Have you got a fairly modern writer drive. If a faster drive would improve burn times for you then maybe saving money and getting a few really good disks and a new drive would be better.

zincy 11:37 23 Sep 2006

Are you looking for something like this?

click here

fox-knight 19:22 23 Oct 2006

thats exactly what i wanted, got next day delevery from that svp company (although it was uniquely wrapped), now able to download a tv ep in 40mins & watch downstairs 2 mins later.

5star reply

thanks bud

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?