Plasma screen fault, thin stripe, lower left

Roy* 16:29 15 Dec 2009

Panasonic TH42PZ70B from you early 2008 now out of it’s guarantee period. We have noticed that often we get a thin (3-5cm) vertical stripe from mid screen down to bottom on the left hand side of the screen, this comes and goes but I wondered if this is a known concern for this model? It's not related to signal as it also occurs when playing DVD's?

anchor 16:54 15 Dec 2009

This TV must have cost a lot of money.

I know that in the UK manufactures get away with the 12 month warranty,(despite the EU directive that it should be 24 months). We were told that the UK did not sign up to this as we are better protected by such legislation as the sale of goods act.

I have no idea is this is a known fault, but a fault it certainly is. Perhaps you should obtain advice as to the protection the law gives you, to have it repaired free.

Roy* 17:06 15 Dec 2009

I could of bought it from John lewis for an extra £400 and got 5 years cover but thought based on quality reports for Panasonic and as we still have a 32" LCD going strong for over 5 years? I have written to the place we bought it from and Panasonic UK, just wanted to check for any known market concerns etc?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?