PICTURE FRAME BLACKOUT

whatevernext2 07:12 22 Sep 2009

hi
We were given a Philips 7FFI digital picture frame a while ago but shut it down whilst
I refilled the plug in memory card. This took longer than expected and when trying to power the frame up again the screen remains blank (ie black). on the reverse of the unit there is a power switch (slider type) but this does not appear to do anything .The mains unit orange led and the green power on led are both alight all the time.
As a retired bod trying to come to terms with new technology I am mystified. Am I suffering from 'finger trouble' or does this look serious?

jack 09:51 22 Sep 2009

The first is back light failure caused by the tube or the inverter[power].
To check this run the thing and try to see if images appear - that is look at screen from an angle rather full on.
Images there but not illuminated-would confirm this.

Second the card may not be connecting correctly.[Compact flash with their many pins are prone to grot in slot to pin breakages.

The card itself may not have loaded correctly.
What are the instruction with regard formatting in your particular device?
If all else fail- it will have to go back for repair/replacement- Even out of warranty stuff- the retailer has a six year obligation to take care of the device Sale of Goods act -[Google BER]- though this may entail a repair fee.

whatevernext2 12:09 22 Sep 2009

Well thanks for that but I have,courtesy of a neighbour,discovered an almost invisible'reset' button to which there is no mention in the instruction leaflet. inserting a little pointy thing in here brought the frame back to life. ain't technology wonderful!...hope this helps someone else!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?