Photoshop Elements 6 & Premiere Elements 4

A&D 16:34 13 Oct 2007

I have just bought and installed the above bundled programs. My advice to anyone thinking of doing the same is "hold off". PhE 6 especially is full of bugs and omissions. The help files do not work in either program and the pdf help file for PhE 6 which I have downloaded from Adobe differs from the installation I have. I have left PE 4 installed but I have had to revert to PhE 4 to keep my sanity. The Adobe forum is full of complaints. Anyone else found any solutions?

HenryVII 12:09 08 Jul 2008

I've been trying to find a good photo editor, for amateur use, and I read the two reviews of PE6 in PCA. One says it's great, the other says it's not so great. I've used Serif Photoplus 11, but I didn't really get on with it (never mind the constant unwelcome phone calls from Serif to sell me more).

Reviews, I suppose, are based on short-term tests by the reviewer, and can't match the experience of "real" users. I suspect I shall continue reading reviews while never actually buying anything, which at least gives me 100% discount.

A&D 14:55 08 Jul 2008

HenryV11

In the end I persisted with PhE6 used together with PE4. I have now come to terms with its various quirks and do now recommend it - especially using the two programs as they integrate together. However the Help menu still does not work on either program and there have been no updates to resolve this (strange!!). I have downloaded the pdf files for both user guides and keep these open when using the programs in case I get stuck. I also found the Adobe "Classroom in a book" for these programs helped quite considerably. Good luck.

^wave^ 19:03 15 Jul 2008

i use a couple of editors serf photoplus 8 and zoner 8 also for quick fixes picasa each prog is good at different things as far as i see not yet tried any online editors which may be th eway forward

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?