photo editing

  pejay9 17:06 27 Apr 2008

I am looking for a SMALL photo software package that will allow me to split an image into blocks (say 3) then move the blocks apart by a selected amount ready to print as one image. I have seen many printed examples of this so I expect it has a proper name but I hope someone understands.

  Kemistri 17:36 27 Apr 2008

"Small" in what way? Price? System resource usage? Or installation size? Are you aiming to create a triptych?

  pejay9 09:28 28 Apr 2008

Small in the way I require it to do this function only, although I shall probally have to accept other funtions, cost and size is a consideration as I am not looking for a large editing package.

  ravingdave 11:53 28 Apr 2008

There are lots of small image editing packages that will let you do this, many are free. Here is one example:

click here

  BT 16:41 28 Apr 2008

Its called a Tryptic and can be done in all photo editing packages.
You need to load in the image and crop it 3 times separately and save each crop, then reassemble them onto a new canvas.

Paint.Net is a good free editor
click here

as is Irfanview
click here

  Kemistri 19:32 28 Apr 2008

As I wrote earlier, it's "triptych".

From the Greek term "tri-ptych?", which means threefold.

  Kemistri 19:32 28 Apr 2008

I see that the PCA forum cannot parse accented letters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?