Pentax Optio E30 locked up

hymerman 09:56 21 Mar 2008

Can anyone assist as I cannot select the "menu" my camera. A yellow locked padlock symbol appears.
I am unable to find any mention of this symbol in my guide

mole44 11:22 21 Mar 2008

have you tried totally removing the battery and picture card then repowering it up afresh.if that does not work try googling the problem

jack 12:06 21 Mar 2008

Have you checked the supplied Cd for the FULL manual in PDF format.
If it is there it may have greater detail.

BRYNIT 13:40 21 Mar 2008

I do not have this camera but after a quick read of the manual click here from the pentax web site the only referance to a lock is on the section relating to protecting all images and files on page 105. Not sure if this will help.

hymerman 19:00 21 Mar 2008

Thanks for your responses, I have resolved the problem, a neighbour helped me out, I have pressed a wrong button. Jack you were on the ball, I did not have a disc but my neighbour did and there the answer lay.

djsaja 16:43 08 May 2009

can you help me . Im having the same problem with this camera. What did you do? Whe i hit the menu button , the yellow lock symbol shows up

jack 19:47 08 May 2009

Have you checked the supplied Cd for the FULL manual in PDF format.
If it is there it may have greater detail.

hymerman then wrote
Thanks for your responses, I have resolved the problem, a neighbour helped me out, I have pressed a wrong button. Jack you were on the ball, I did not have a disc but my neighbour did and there the answer lay.

rickf 22:17 18 May 2009

Hi,
Thinking if taking up photography more seriously this time and thinking about buying the above. Has anyone anyexperience of this camera and what is your opinion?
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?