PC windows XP Media Player

flaming 00:20 08 Sep 2006

There is a gizmo in PC World appx. £179 which allows PCs to receive TV. Would this be what I need please? I am stuck with being in a postcode unsuitable for a set top box. I have had an engineer round with one to check - no signal. I cannot have my own satellite dish. I would have to sign up to the communal satellite dish at this block of flats. I would have to pay a hefty installation fee and a monthly fee thereafter. I get terrestrial channels through a conventional aerial. I have BT broadband. I am thinking of the day when I will have to have digital. On the gizmo's box it lists what I should have and it seems OK, but I would have to employ someone to instal it. I would like to receive the terrestrial channels extras, but don't want many extra channels.

STREETWORK 07:23 08 Sep 2006

This would not make a difference if you cannot recieve any terestial or digital signals. your options would be to watch TV on a broadband connection, but expensive and uses all your allowance quickly. Time to move house?

flaming 10:09 08 Sep 2006

Streetwork: Thanks for that. I could move or I could stop watching TV. I notice some of the news stuff I like has already become available on the PC, thanks to having a media player. I thank goodness for "buying ahead" a couple of years back, not realising that I would be able to see an increasing amount of TV programmes. It is mildly annoying when I see the More4 or BBC3 trailers about programmes I would like to see. I note from various sources that people who are supposed to be in an OK postcode don't always receive good TV pictures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?