PC suddenly won't recognise my Olympus C55-zoom

rmcqua 17:14 04 Mar 2006

I have had an Olympus Camedia C55 Zoom for about 2 months. The "Olympus Master" software never worked on this PC, but that didn't bother me because I used to transfer images using the Windows camera wizard (I am running XP Pro).
All worked fine until recently and now, when I plug the camera into ANY of the PC's 6 USB ports, it isn't recognised. I select "transfer to PC" from the camera's menu, the camera's LEDs start to flash, but the image transfer wizard does not initiate.
All other USB devices on the PC work fine, ragrdless of which USB port they are connected to.
The camera works fine on my son's PC, running XP Home.
I have checked the USB settings in BIOS and they appear to be in order.
With the camera connected and switched ON, it does not show in control panel > cameras and scanners.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Richard.

Al94 18:04 04 Mar 2006

Try this- click Start and open the Control panel. Click Scanners and cameras. Right-click the camera from which you want to get pictures and click the appropriate option for that device.
Follow the instructions on your screen.
If no camera is displayed on the Scanners and cameras screen by the time you reach step 2 (above), click on Add an imaging device in the top left hand corner of the screen. This initiates the Scanner and camera installation wizard. Follow the prompts, entering the brand and model number of your camera. Because Windows XP already contains drivers for all popular makes of digital camera, it is almost certain to recognise yours.

rmcqua 19:46 04 Mar 2006

Thanks Al94 but no joy.
My camera, when connected, doesn't show in control panel > scanners & cameras.
Tried the scanner and camera installation wizard and only 5 Olympus models are shown, mine not inclded.

rmcqua 19:46 04 Mar 2006

...included, even. Sorry.

alB 20:06 04 Mar 2006

My Fuji doesn't show in scanners and cameras but it does come up as a removable drive in "My computer", have you tried the add new hardware option in control panel, also, is the cable you connect the camera to your PC ok, (do you use a different cable to connect to your sons)...alB

rmcqua 13:41 05 Mar 2006

I have moved this thread to Helproom

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?