Panasonic TX-32LXD81FV Image problem

Sapins 20:22 08 Nov 2008

I bought this set yesterday and set it up this afternoon. Whilst the picture is superb there is one problem.

Figures of people look compressed vertically. It is connected to a Sky Box and the "fault" is apparent on all channels. It is set to auto aspect, would changing this setting to say 16.9 be any better?

MCE2K5 21:18 08 Nov 2008

Have you tried setting the skybox to output 16.9

Sapins 21:37 08 Nov 2008

Can you tell me how to do this?

MCE2K5 21:45 08 Nov 2008

Services, 4 System Setup, 1 Picture Settings, Picture Format.

Select 16.9

Save Settings.

Done.

rdave13 23:21 08 Nov 2008

As above but in picture settings selecting RGB (whatever that means) produces a better immage than PAL. I always thought the format should be PAL in this country.

oresome 10:08 09 Nov 2008

RGB stands for Red, Green and Blue. The primary colours that make up all the other colours you see on the screen.

RGB output to the TV will give a superior picture to using a composite output which tends to produce fuzzy edges between colours.

PAL stands for Phase Alternate Line and is a broadcast system used to correct colour problems evident on the American system where colour changes can occur over the transmission path, requiring the use of a Hue control to correct them.

This isn't necessary with the PAL system.

Sapins 10:34 09 Nov 2008

Worked perfectly, many thanks, I would never have found the solution, picture is now of normal proportions.

Regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?