Panasonic TV - Unable to acquire IP address

Border View 12:54 24 Feb 2015
Answered

I have a Panasonic Viera tv. Never had any problems connecting to the internet until this morning. Now I get the message "Home network found, unable to acquire IP address please check connection and settings.

I am connected to the router via Panasonic own dongle and via wireless. I've reconnected to the router and it tells me I am connected OK.

Any ideas why it is unable to acquire IP address.

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

lotvic 22:43 24 Feb 2015

you could try doing the same as this person did "switched it to wired (on the menu - did not attach a cable) and then switched it back to wireless " so he tried that and said "changing it to wired and back seems to have done the trick" click here

Border View 11:09 26 Feb 2015

Thanks for responding Lotvic. I switched the router off yesterday and left it a couple of minutes before switching on again. The TV now find the IP address but going down the list of connection checks it sticks at the last one for a Viera connection.

I dont have a wire long enough to link the TV to the router so its got to be wireless. Wonder if this has anything to do with the fact my BT contract has expired (although I am still using them) or is it just my TV.

Border View 11:12 26 Feb 2015

Shall go and try the wired trick.

Border View 11:27 26 Feb 2015

Nope - that didn't work. Still sticking on the Viera server link.

lotvic 11:47 27 Feb 2015

Try the manual way as per community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Configuring-an-IP-address-for-Panasonic-Viera ClickHere

Border View 22:36 28 Feb 2015
Answer

Thanks lotvic. I switched the router off and on again and its cleared the problem for the time being. Think the TV must just have had a bad day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?