Panasonic SDRH50 60GB camcorder

Chas49 15:58 03 Sep 2008

I bought the above off QVC. They do, as you probably know, run a 30 days trial system so that you can decide if it is for you or not.

Yesterday, I ran the software for the first time - the camera runs only on that software. First I received a box on screen that it was not compatible with Vista Sp1 but it carried on loading anyway. I did, eventually, manage to transfer a video 60 mins long - I say eventually for the software spent long periods behind a "do nothing whilst this screen is on" but it did download it. The editing it, again with their software - an experience I don't wish to repeat again. Definitely not intuitive!! I tried it on an XP computer - no difference. A great pity for the camera is good, but as the 30 days were rapidly dwindling I have sent it back - a great feature of QVC - no trouble and they have very helpful and polite staff.

Has anyone else experienced the software provided with this camera?

FatboySlim71 08:54 05 Sep 2008

Did you not do a search on the Internet to see if there was a newer version of the software?

Also, if the camcorder uses MPEG video files, could you not have dragged and dropped them on to your PC, then from there you could have edited them with some other software.

I done a google for editing mpeg and these are the results:
click here

ventanas 10:29 05 Sep 2008

There is no newer version. I have the 40Gb version of this camera and got the same message about SP1 when installing. Like your experience it went through just the same. But I don't have much faith in it, so I bought Ulead Video Studio to use instead. I think it's a better option than sending back a perfecly good camera.
You should never really expect too much from supplied software with any form of camera, it's usually pretty basic stuff, and often out of date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?